User Tag List

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DKevo's "your mom" thread...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official DKevo's "your mom" thread...

For thread title reference: https://www.boostedforums.net/showth...=1758#post1758

Pics!

... will go here

MODS

stuff goes here.

And as I've been lazy, here's my old build thread from evil forum for most of the mods: http://tinyurl.com/gwr33kw
    Last edited by DKevoX; 01-07-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More stuff will go here

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And maybe some stuff here

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should be good

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look what happened randomly a couple nights ago!

I'll get better pics once the car can be moved again. But she's finally making progress after sitting on jack's for pretty much the entire year!

Also got some new parts in the mail, and getting another package next week that should really help me complete the look of the car!
    Last edited by DKevoX; 08-22-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice, and about time! adding that active to mine might be on the list for me sometime next year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DKevoX your a funny guy but anyway can we or I start a Dyno thread & where's the best place to put it???

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbadman View Post
    DKevoX your a funny guy but anyway can we or I start a Dyno thread & where's the best place to put it???
    Um sure, you can start any threads you want man. And hope you know it's all in good humor and I thought made a funny thread title
    https://www.boostedforums.net/forumd...rbo-amp-Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    very nice, and about time! adding that active to mine might be on the list for me sometime next year.
    I was stuck with how to mount the module to the underside of the trunk. I was going to have a plate welded on, and that's why I was waiting to finish (So I could take the car in somewhere to have that done). But then someone suggested self taping screws. I was like, f it, that should work. Well, I had a bit of issues with those: the metal in that trunk is hard as fuck and I had to drill a pilot hole basically the size of the screws. So then I didn't trust the screws as they wouldn't fully tighten down. Anyway, since I already had all the holes drilled I said screw it and just riveted it all in place.

So the setup is a aluminum sheet I found at home depot riveted to the trunk, and then the module riveted to the sheet. You'll see why you have to do this if you get it. But the rivets work well. It just means there's no easy way to take them off. But considering how much you have to butcher the trunk anyway to install the wing I figured whatever.

I also found some thin rubber sticky pads I stuck between the metal plate and the trunk. Hoping these would help reduce vibrations and such.
    Last edited by DKevoX; 08-23-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Senior Member Poovey Farms Racing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a video of that wing in action.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to try to finish the wiring today. So maybe tonight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show us a video, after you've finished with the spoiler in motion plz. I reckon I'm guna have get one of these.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice wang, bro
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Senior Member Poovey Farms Racing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessninja View Post
    nice wang, bro
    That wang wiggles.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

I got caught up in a ton of other stuff yesterday and only got in a couple hours of work on the wiring last night. I think I'm about halfway done so hopefully will finish tonight.

Man, the car is all torn apart right now. I was looking at it last night and had a "wow, I've ripped this baby apart" moment.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrome finally updated!!! When I start typing "boost..." into the address bar, it finally autofills boostedforums.net and not the other forum anymore. VICTORY!!!

Also, relevant thread image:

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poovey Farms Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessninja View Post
    nice wang, bro
    That wang wiggles.
    When DK takes it slow his wang rises, but when he tries to go fast his wang drops down.

Usually it's supposed to be the other way around I think... Might want to have your wang checked out, DK.

Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Chrome finally updated!!! When I start typing "boost..." into the address bar, it finally autofills boostedforums.net and not the other forum anymore. VICTORY!!!
    This happens automatically? My browser needs to hurry the eff up and fix itself...

and that comic was kind of sad... haha
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you tap can hi/low wires yet? i believe i have read there can wires behind the radio, might have read from a post mnemuth made about his fuel pump controller, he tapped behind the cluster.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    did you tap can hi/low wires yet? i believe i have read there can wires behind the radio, might have read from a post mnemuth made about his fuel pump controller, he tapped behind the cluster.
    I believe that is true, also the install guide I have for the GTR has them tapping in there as well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. The aeromotions direction for the r-dynamic call out the specific wires behind the instrument cluster for the Evo x. I talked to mnemuth about it through PM and he confirmed them as well as (what was my question) that that is the best place to tap into it. I'll take a pic and post it so people know what to look for if they ever do it. It might be a little while as I extremely busy right now.

On a related note: I told mnemuth about the radium fst discussion on this board. Sent him a screenshots of the thread as a way to direct him to it cause evox censors this address. That was a couple days ago.

Got contacted by Dino today who was told by vertical scope that I was trying to recruit members from that board. A) the fact they read my PMs is upsetting. B) The fact they care and try to censor this board is ridiculous.

Anyway, conversation with Dino went fine, but clearly that message board is not the place for me anymore. It's a shame cause that was my home for a long time and it's hard to accept that the board I'm nostalgic about is gone.
    Last edited by DKevoX; 08-27-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Yeah. The aeromotions direction for the r-dynamic call out the specific wires behind the instrument cluster for the Evo x. I talked to mnemuth about it through PM and he confirmed them as well as (what was my question) that that is the best place to tap into it. I'll take a pic and post it so people know what to look for if they ever do it. It might be a little while as I extremely busy right now.

On a related note: I told mnemuth about the radium fst discussion on this board. Sent him a screenshots of the thread as a way to direct him to it cause evox censors this address. That was a couple days ago.

Got contacted by Dino today who was told by vertical scope that I was trying to recruit members from that board. A) the fact they read my PMs is upsetting. B) The fact they care and try to censor this board is ridiculous.

Anyway, conversation with Dino went fine, but clearly that message board is not the place for me anymore. It's a shame cause that was my home for a long time and it's hard to accept that the board I'm nostalgic about is gone.
    I got banned from there for telling them to stop reading my PMs. Fuck that board. It's not a private message if they fucking read them.

I said to someone, AND I QUOTE, "Hey b.oosted is down can I get your E-mail so I can chat with you. I don't really like this place so I'd rather not use PMs here because the admins read everyone's PMs." AND LO AND FUCKING BEHOLD THEY READ IT.

They never got one penny of advertising dollars from me anyways since I use adblock on that site.

2012 EvoX MR - 11.289 @ 123.24mph
    2015 Scion FR-S - D-Street in SCCA Solo II
    Info/Pics: Instagram / Build Thread
    Sponsors: DSGPerformance
    Founder: Evil Apex Racing

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DKevoX's "Your Mom" Thread.

I was banned just for saying hi to you right after you posted that.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know it wasn't vertical scope reading your PMs dude. Dino read your PMs and told you it was them so he didn't look like a total asshole. That company owns dozens of forums they don't have time to parse millions of private messages and ban their revenue generating users for stupid shit like that. I guarantee you one of the admins on that site is reading your PMs and everyone else's that has an account over here.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted this in the forum feedback section there. I had to say something, it's upsetting the downhill direction that place has turned.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=311066

I have been struggling with whether to make this thread or not for a while. But it's an information board and the point is to share information so I am making this thread now.

Introduction
    Many of you know me, or you've at least been forced to see my sig pic as I have a butt-load of posts on this board. I have been an active member since this platform was first released in 2008 and feel I have done a lot to contribute to this forum.

I have not been innocent in regards to creating drama, and I have not always been the "model user" in terms of following the rules. But I have never intentionally came onto the website to cause trouble or negatively impact the community. And I have always gone out of my way to answer peoples questions even if it's the 1000th time I'm providing that information. I started one of the first evo groups organized and to be run through this message board, and believe I contributed a lot to the growth of this forum.

And so the important thing here is: I am not posting this to have a negative impact and cause drama and headaches, but instead because I feel there are some issues with this forum that could benefit from an active discussion by the members and so I am calling them to attention. I know this will hurt some people and cause them added time/effort they don't have and I am truly sorry.

Censorship
    This is the heart of my issue. I think the moderators here have a tough job and I always have respected their efforts. For the first 5-6 years the censorship on this forum was limited and focused in areas that were necessary:

What I believe is justified and even good censorship:
    1) Removing posts/banning users that are spam.
    2) Removing posts/banning users who have a track record of just trying to cause drama and negatively impact the forum.
    3) Removing posts/banning users who try to sell stuff through the board and aren't qualified vendors. This helps prevent members from being scammed.

What I believe is necessary censorship from an understanding that this is a vendor driven forum:
    1) removing posts/locking threads that criticize vendors without having first followed the proper vendor complaint process. As this is public discussion and posts are easily found via google searches and stay forever, there needs to be some just process before negative claims should be made/kept public. This is simply a reflection on human nature that users cannot be expected to know how to disregard information that isn't backed up properly.

The Drama
    However, at some point (I don't remember exactly when) the forum was sold to vertical scope. Nothing much changed for a while as the moderation staff was still the same group of people. This worked fine until a little over a year ago when a large controversy involving a lot of time and money became public between a member on here and SpeedCircuit. As many of you know, SpeedCircuit is Kooldino's shop, and Kooldino started this forum and is the top admin.

I do not want to delve into that drama and controversy. That is over and done with and in the past. But this forum became like the wild west for a bit and I found myself in a strange position. Complaints about SpeedCircuit started popping up everywhere and in random threads that they did not belong, but then valid and legitimate posts by users started disappearing.

When a complaint about a shop has to go through a complaint process that is controlled by the person who owns that shop, then this raises a very legitimate question of whether valid information was ever making it into the public? A longtime member here with lots of friends and very involved in this community I would have thought I would be in a good position to discern the truth, but that was not the case. I was thoroughly confused myself. Perhaps I knew too much and that's why I couldn't just blindly follow one side or the other.

Moving on: what did happen is that a group of core members left this forum. A significant number of whom were permanently banned, and I admit a lot of those were justified. However, were they all? Or was the moderation on this forum censoring information from the public because it negatively impacted them personally?

I really do not mean this as a personal attach on Kooldino. I have talked to him on the phone a couple times since and his side of the story has many valid points to it. At the time though, tempers were high, drama was extremely high, and I do not feel that it was handled in the most professional of manners. But this board isn't just a vendor board for Dino, it's a home he created so maybe it isn't fair to expect it to be handled purely like a professional shop.

My Complaints
    What I believe is unjustified and unfounded censorship:
    1) Banning users/blocking posts that share valid and non offensive information because this information potentially negatively conflicts with the people running this forum.

I posted a thread on this forum a while back that stemmed from an issue with the Mods at EvoM censoring/removing seemingly perfectly valid information. I was banned from EvoM for a while because I called the mods out on this:
    http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...ht=rofl+banned

I loved that this forum was free of those issues, of course it was also a much smaller board then. But one of the posts by Kooldino in that thread stuck with me ever since:

Post from Kooldino
    LOL. In all honesty, the best thing you can do it just keep hanging out here and making good posts. If you have a few friends on another site that aren't around these parts, send them an invite and make the place even better.
    This is the perfect attitude! How do you make a forum good?? By getting a good community and posting good information!!!

I found this place because someone suggested I come check it out from over on EvoM. I'm sure many of you found this place due to a recommendation from someone. But the reason you stay here is not because it's the only Evo X forum you know of, it's because it is your favorite Evo X forum.

What makes it "your favorite" is completely an individual and personal thing. I will share with you why this forum is, after 7 years, sadly no longer my favorite:

1) The complaint:
    Ever since "The Drama" Vertical Scope has been forcing the censorship of information that should not be censored. This is centered entirely around information that names what the other board is people went to after the drama. Neither side is innocent in that whole process, but that other forum does not censor links to this forum or any information about this forum.

Why this is an Issue:
    A lot of the members on that other forum are some of the most knowledgeable and experienced members in the Evo X scene. Invariably some good information is being posted there now that could benefit some people here. Am I attempting to recruit people from here to that that forum? No. But when someone has a specific question, do I think I should be able to PM them a link to a thread on that forum that more than answers their question and is the best information source? Yes.

Should that PM be censored? I clearly think not. But Vertical Scope says yes. Vertical Scope's argument is that I am negatively impacting this forum by recruiting members away from it which in their eyes justifies the censorship.
    My argument back is that it only negatively impacts this forum if members decide the other forum is their favorite forum. And in my honest opinion, this wouldn't happen if users are confident this is the best place to get information about the Evo X no matter where on the internet it may reside.

2) The complaint:
    Someone is reading our PMs. I think it's understandable that the forum have an ability to see PMs. But for them to call me out for PMing an image that contains a screenshot of the other forum (which is how I skirt the censorship) it means they are ACTIVELY READING PMs.

Why this is an Issue:
    PMs stands for "private message" (and is identified as such all over the place on this site). This is clearly a misnomer and should be re-titled something else. PMs are not private and this is a fundamental violation of trust by the owners of this forum against the users.

I have heard from several people that they also had their PMs read, so I am clearly not the only one and this isn't a limited case. This should be concerning to people.

The Solutions
    I won't be someone with a complaint who doesn't provide a solution. So I will provide a solution:

1) Stop censoring information that is perfectly valid information just because that information is located on a message board that spawned during a time of much drama and turmoil on this forum. Both sides were in the right while both sides were also in the wrong, but only this forum is still making an issue of it. The only reason it gets brought up on that forum is due to the mass censorship and banning of those users from this forum. And it will continue to arise here due to issues like mine.
    The solution to having this become past history is to leave it in the past.

2) Vertical scope needs to apologize publicly for reading PMs and release a statement re-assuring the members that they will not read private messages except for extreme scenarios in order to gather more important data.

Dino came to me in confidence about me PMing other people info about that message board, and I am sorry for making this public. But it was just the straw the broke the camels back. I wanted to make this thread for a while.

Maybe I'm alone in these thoughts and I just don't fit into this message board anymore. And people should let me know and I will shut up and disappear.
    Last edited by DKevoX; 08-28-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with that. It's Dino & Infantry reading people's PMs, not vertical scope. That's just a CYA on Dino's part. Navy tried to figure out why so many people have gotten banned recently on the private admin section of the forum and he got no reply.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see what happens. I don't not believe you and obviously have my own suspicions. But I have nothing to back that claim up and it would be counterproductive towards my end goal. This way it doesn't matter, still gets the point across the same.